I love having smoothies for breakfast and I am quite a fan of eggs as well. So that makes my mornings pretty easy. However, there are days when I despise both, or at least want to have something extra as tag along with the regular. Enter – Cinnamon Flax Muffins.
When I started working on this recipe I had more of a tag along breakfast or mid morning snack recipe in mind, but by the time it was done, these cinnamon flax muffins had the potential to actually replace the regular deal.
These are loaded with the cinnamon flavour, like the name suggests and at the same time these Keto and Paleo compliant breakfast muffins ensure that you are able to level up your game on protein, rich dietary fibre and give you a boost of energy at the start of the day.
I like to team these Cinnamon Flax muffins with grass fed butter or ghee. And when i say team i mean grate the butter as you would grate cheese and sometimes i even go one step ahead and sprinkle in some black pepper! All this on a muffin. Yes. Coz even if it sounds insane it tastes gorgeous.
You literally ought to try these cinnamon flax muffins for the sake of teaming it up with these grass fed butter. And for all my dairy free friends – i have you covered – coz the muffins use a slight tinge of nutmeg and chopped pecan nuts as garnish. So its a win-win for everyone.
I prefer using monkfruit sweetner for these muffins coz it ensures that the muffin maintains a certain pancake kinda level of sweetness (just perfect for breakfast) – but you can also sub them with coconut sugar to achieve an equally great effect.
Lets get to making these then:
Cinnamon Flax Muffins
- May 29, 2019
- 6 Servings
- 30 min
- Print this
- Almond flour - 2/3rd cups
- Falxseed meal - 2 tbsps
- Cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Cream of tartar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut flour - 1 tablespoon
- Psyllium husk - 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt - 1/4th teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- Coconut milk- 1 tablespoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- Monkfruit sweetener - 5 tablespoons
- Tinge of Nutmeg
- Chopped pecan nuts
- Grass fed butter
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2
- Start by combining almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, coconut flour, psyllium husk, salt, baking soda & cream of tartar in a clean bowl
- Step 3
- Mix well and make sure there are no lumps
- Step 4
- In another bowl combine the sweetener & egg and whiz them up (use hand blender or smoothie jar to blend)
- Step 5
- Next add in coconut milk, vanilla and ghee to this mixture and blend again till everything is well incorporated and you have a creamy mixture for yourself
- Step 6
- Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones and combine well
- Step 7
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and spoon in the batter one by one to upto 3/4th of the cup
- Step 8
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg & pecan nuts
- Step 9
- Bake for 20 mins
- Step 10
- Remove, let cool a bit and grate in some grass fed butter on the slightly warm muffins and sprinkle in some black pepper if desired
- Step 11