We wanted to make a cookie that was gluten free, light and crispy and that how our Paleo, Crisp and light Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies were born
These cookies are very simple to make, require no fancy equipment just a mixing bowl and a baking pan will do and taste absolutely epic. They are gluten free, clean and are loaded with chocolate chips. What else can one ask for?
While our obsession for thin and crispy cookies led us here we realized we can make one the regular soft and chewy cookie from the same dough and hence we will show you how you make both the types out of the same dough. Aint that something?
What makes Gluten-free cookies crispy?
The secret to having a thin and crispy cookie is Psyllium Husk and a thin batter. We need thinner sized balls as opposed to larger dollops in a traditional sized cookies to achieve a perfect thin and crispy structure. It might require a little practice but you should get there in the end.
Lets find out how:
How to make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookes
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1.5 tbsps Coconut Flour
- 1.5 tbsps Psyllium Husk
- ¾ cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Pasteurized, Organic
- ~1 cup Dairy Free and Gluten free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Psyllium Husk and Cream of Tartar - dont add the baking soda just yet
- Mix well and get rid of any lumps if there are any
- Mix the wet ingredients - Add coconut sugar and eggs to a blender and blend for 5-7 seconds until well incorporated. Next add in ghee and vanilla and blend for 20-25 seconds on high to get a creamy pale texture
- Add in the baking soda to the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry ingredients and mix until you get a ooey googey texture
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips and combine well (We used Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- Scoop out bite sized cookie balls (approximately a tablespoons worth) roll them with the help of your hand and place them on the baking pan and flatten them a bit with the help of your fingers - so that they resemble a cookie
- The batter has the tendency to double up in size which will then give you a normal sized thin crisp cookie
- Garnish with more chocolate chips on top and bake for 10 mins
- Alternatively combine 3-4 bite sized balls and spread them out on the baking pan as one cookie dough ball this will help you get a gigantic cookie (baking time remains same)
- You can also use cookie cutters and cut into the gigantic cookie to make fun shapes for children
- Dont forget to leave your feedback if you make these crispy cookies