We love having smoothies for breakfast and we love everything eggs but lets admit every now and then you want to walk out of the mundane and do something different. Eat something different and feel good about it. Well, we have just the recipe. Enter – Cinnamon Flax Muffins.
We wanted to create a breakfast that was healthy and something you could carry along or eat as a mid-morning snack and these cinnamon flax muffins tick all the boxes. They are low carb, made with all natural ingredients, will keep you satiated and work great as breakfast on the go. Heck, you carry them to a meeting in a fancy container and we bet the one whom you are meeting will be salivating all over them!
These are loaded with the cinnamon flavour, and as a wholesome breakfast should, they level up your game on protein, rich dietary fibre and give you a boost of energy at the start of the day.
What do I team the Cinnamon Flax Muffins with?
We love to team these Cinnamon Flax muffins with grass fed butter or ghee. Like literally grating a block of butter or drizzling a spoonful of ghee on the muffin and probably go a step ahead and and sprinkle in some black pepper giving you a kickass combination of sweet and savoury! You literally ought to try these cinnamon flax muffins for the sake of teaming them up with these grass fed butter. Even if it sounds insane it tastes gorgeous.
However, if you are not feeling too adventurous just have them as is. The muffins use a slight tinge of nutmeg and chopped pecan nuts as garnish. So its a win-win for everyone.
We have used monkfruit sweetner for these muffins in order to maintain a certain pancake kinda level of sweetness (just perfect for breakfast) – but you can also sub them with coconut sugar to achieve an even better effect.
Lets get to making these then:
Cinnamon Flax Muffins - Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free
- Muffin Baking Pan
- Muffin moulds
- Mixing bowl
- ⅔ cups Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 2 tbsps Flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut milk
- 2 tbsps Ghee
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 tbsps Monk Fruit sweetener
- Tinge of Nutmeg
- Chopped pecan nuts
- Grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start by combining the dry ingredients except the sweetener in a clean bowl - almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, coconut flour, psyllium husk, salt, & cream of tartar in a clean bowl - Mix Well (Dont add the baking soda yet)
- In another bowl combine the sweetener & egg and whiz them up (use hand blender or smoothie jar to blend)
- Next add in coconut milk, vanilla and ghee to this mixture and blend again till everything is well incorporated and you have a creamy mixture for yourself
- Add the baking soda to the dry ingredients - mix well
- Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones and combine well
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and spoon in the batter one by one to upto 3/4th of the cup
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg & pecan nuts
- Bake for 20 mins
- Remove, let cool a bit and grate in some grass fed butter on the slightly warm muffins and sprinkle in some black pepper if desired